Try this cold summer pasta on a hot summer day.
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta, cooled
- 3 fresh apricots, sliced
- 4 Tbs. chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted pecans
- 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute the pecans in the olive oil until just pungent.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, apricots, onion, basil and feta cheese and stir to mix evenly.
3. Add the sauteed pecans and olive oil and stir again.
4. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.