These heavenly latkas are a perfect match for any main course. Serve with salsa or a dollop of plain nonfat yogurt.
- 1 large yam, peeled and grated
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 100% extra virgin olive oil (for pan-frying)
1. Mix the grated yams, chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Add the egg to the mixture.
3. Add the flour and stir gently to mix.
4. Oil the pan with just enough olive oil to prevent sticking.
5. Form pancakes and cook until tender and crisp.