Food always tastes better when you've grown it yourself. If you've got squash in your garden this summer, try this light, delicious recipe. It's great with any type of summer squash.
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 patty pan squash, julienned
- 1/2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried, crushed hot peppers (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cut the squash and tomatoes, and chop the basil.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
3. Add the minced garlic and stir to heat.
4. Add the squash and tomatoes, and saute until tender but not mushy.
5. Add the cannellini beans and basil, and stir to heat thoroughly.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Top with parmesan cheese. (optional)
8. Like it spicy? Add dried, crushed hot peppers. (optional)